Ok so we’re one month in, and I’m already down a few resolutions (oops). But then that is why I make so many! Time for a resolution update:
- Learn the guitar – This one is awaiting me getting a basic guitar book. Which for some reason I keep forgetting to do. Maybe I’ll have a quick look now while I’m on lunch….Ok a *very* brief peruse of EBay suggests it’s going to take a bit of research, there doesn’t seem to be one particular ‘learners’ book like there was for the flute. However I’m not that busy this weekend and so should have time to go poke around some music shops in Cardiff, get back on track.
- Learn at least basic Spanish – Another one where I hit a hurdle and quite simply failed to jump. I downloaded ‘Coffee Break Spanish’ podcasts to my iPhone to listen to in the car. However after listening to the first 3 once on the way to work, they refused to play again! Haven’t tried anything to try and fix it yet, but I do remember how to ask you how you are! Que tal? 😀
- Complete Janathon – Epic fail. I think I made it to day 18 with the running, 3 more days of exercising on the Xbox and then, I simply couldn’t do another squat (it’s ALL squats and lunges). I gave up. First resolution to be scrapped…it’s not even February. Uh oh!
- Get and stay below 11st (ideally reach the goal weight of 10.5st!) This is going well! I’m currently hovering around 1lb/2lbs above 11 stone….actually thinking I might make it to 10.5 by my birthday if I join the gym and start swimming like I was planning.
- Save for travelling – £200 went into my savings yesterday!
- Say yes more – Have done this a lot 🙂 currently *thinking* about saying yes to a skiing holiday in March, works for this one and R9 but then goes against R5, tricky!
- Drink at least 2 litres of water and eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day – Going very well! Have seen a marked difference in my skin too, water is amazing stuff! I might be being a bit generous with my definition of a ‘portion’ but I’m having 3/4’s of a plate of salad/veg and 2/3 pieces of fruit every day, that’s good enough for me!
- Complete Project365 – Haven’t missed a day yet, with a little help from Steve! Picturama!
- Make more effort with friends/family/sexy boyfriend – I went back to Bristol this weekend to a party and managed to go for lunch/drinks with 2 other friends separately beforehand (good effort!). I’ve been making an effort to call all my family that I can’t see on a regular basis, and have been SUPER organised with birthdays (win) and we’ve had some really lovely times in the flat this month, but I ALWAYS think I can do better as far as Steve is concerned so will be making extra boyfriend effort in February.
- Do the 3 peaks challenge for Childline – Did start researching this one, not sure it’s going to be a goer yet though, sounds far harder than originally expected.
- Fill terramundi £2 coin pot – it’s getting fuller!!!
So….there we are, all updated. Down to 10 now (a nice round figure) with no Febolutions (see what I did there) to add to it…..so far, okay!