Today is dedicated to those moments in movies which just make you melt. Maybe this is a girl thing (though I know at least one guy who smiles when Julia Roberts answers ‘Indefinitely’ in Notting Hill) but I find that certain movies have scenes which give me goosebumps (in a good way) no matter how many times I watch them.
Here are my top 5…
- Richard Gere coming up the escalator, rose in hand, in ‘Shall We Dance’
- The train station scene at the end of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’
- Allie and Noah dancing in the road in ‘The Notebook”
- Helen Hunt and Mel Gibson kissing in the booth in ‘What Women Want’
- When the crowd bows and Jodie Foster remains standing in ‘Anna and the King’
Looking at them I think that music might have a lot to do with it, from Peter Gabriels ‘the book of love’ to Latika’s theme’ there are some very powerful tunes in there!
Maybe they’re not your favourite movies. I’m not even sure they’d all feature in my top 5 best films of all time, but they’re moments that make me smile, even just seeing them listed like that. And that’s a nice feeling for a Friday!
What would your 5 be?