I decided last week that I personally would be ceasing the daily blogathon challenge at 50 posts, so that’s it…blogadone!
But not before one final challenge. I asked the girls (cheekily as I set yesterdays theme too) to finish the blogathon by regaling us with their favourite themes from the past 2 months. So we’re each going to provide a ‘top 3’ themes blog to finish the blogathon in style.
So, here are the themes to choose from:
- Happy place
- Public transport
- A regular journey
- Same gender vs mixed gender schools
- Forbidden fruit
- Public displays of affection
- What have you done today to make you feel proud?
- Revisit an old familiar place
- Should we kill animals for acting naturally?
- Music of your teens
- Pick a DVD and tell us about it
- Is chivalry dead?
- Where would you ask the Doctor to take you?
- Describe your magical island paradise
- Do you believe in fate?
- A day in the life
- The best month of your life
- What message would you send in a bottle?
- Which animal would you be and why?
- 3 wishes, 1 for you, 1 for each blogathoner
- Describe a typical Christmas
- 3 books you loved as a child
- Favourite annual celebration
- 3 primary school memories
- Close your eyes, walk down a path, describe what you see
- Random sentences
- Describe yourself in one song
- Photo diary of the weekend
- Should Britain have a National Day?
- Your first gig
- Artificial intelligence
- Bucket list
- Teach something
- Fave food
- A visit to Father Christmas
- Christmas Past, Present and Future
- Top 3 Christmas songs
- Winter’s tale.
And my bronze, silver and gold are as follows…
In 3rd place number 23: Describe your magical island paradise. I loved this theme on a few levels, firstly because of the memories it brought back of times I have done this before, secondly reading the girls entries was so much fun, I really like themes which bring out our imgainative sides, and thirdly because the islands created, on a Halloween night with my family was one of the best nights in I’ve had in ages. It was family filled with fun, laughter and sillyness. It made me smile a lot!
In 2nd place number 26: The music of your teens . This was one of those days where, being the same age, we all had the same ‘teenage music’ but yet managed to produce three quite different blogs! I know each and every one of us enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane, listening to the Spice Girls, S Club and Savage Garden. This theme got us all talking on twitter and reminising, perfect!
And coming out as number 1? Day 28: What message would you send in a bottle? This theme brought out such different blogs, I love love love it! Fionas was so heartfelt and warm, whereas Katy told the most awesome story of a real life bottle which has inspired me to do something similar! My own entry for this theme, I’ll admit, makes me giggle a lot, and I think it makes everyone else giggle too. It brought out our differences in a big way, yet each one was one of my fave blogs for each of us. Brilliant theme!
Thought I’d also be brave and choose my fave blog each of us have created. So, follow the links:
I’ve really enjoyed this Blogathon challenge, it’s been so much fun! However with Christmas fast approaching and really not knowing where I’m going to be over the next few weeks it was time to draw my chapter of it to a close. Katy and Fi, thank you for sharing themes, stories and memories with me. I hope you’ve enjoyed taking part as much as I have, I think you have 🙂 You’re such lovely ladies, the past two months have been a pleasure. Diolch yn fawr iawn (thank you very much)! xxxx